Interim Childcare Director
Interim Childcare Director
- Start 20th August - 6-8 weeks
- Regional QLD Council
- $60 per hour + Super + Fully Self Contained Accommodation + Flights
This organisation is a future-focused, community-responsive organisation with a charter to enhance all facets of life across the vast area it operates. With an experienced and committed executive management team known for ‘making things happen’, the Company’s ability to react quickly to changing demand underpins a well-defined strategy. As you would appreciate, the Childcare Centre plays an extremely important role within the community and your strategic insights and recommendations will be supported and valued.
To work here is to be connected. To be part of a true community who value creativity and collaboration, wellbeing and sustainability, opportunity, and diversity.
Increasingly recognised for creating a vibrant, high performing and rewarding workplace, the organisation takes pride in creating exceptional and meaningful work experiences, encouraging innovation and for delivering award winning benefits to their employees and community.
As an experienced Childcare Director, you will feel confident in your ability to come in and provide leadership and direction for the centre whilst they review the permanent position. Reporting to the Director of Community Development your remit will include reviewing all administration procedures, ensure all documentation complies with appropriate regulations and law and that staff have clear position descriptions and KPI’s and meet programming needs in accordance with the EYLF.
The Centre is in a well serviced regional town and provides long day care services with over 50 places and is open Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 5pm. The children are grouped by age into four rooms: babies, toddlers, pre kindy and kindy. The facilities are clean and modern, with a lot of natural light and wide-open spaces for playtime. It has been an integral part of the town for nearly 40 years and your help currently is critical for its ongoing success.
All rooms have qualified lead educators who work together with a team of qualified and studying educators. The centre has a strong focus on providing high quality education and care services to the community and Council want to ensure a supportive and motivating environment for staff and a nurturing and educational environment for children.
Regarded within the industry as capable of driving a mandate of improvement and compliance your role will understandably oversee:
- Managing and reviewing staff rosters
- The delivery of consistent, high-quality care
- Interacting with children and families in a positive, sensitive, and respectful manner building strong, positive relationships
- Reviewing and managing the budgets of the Centre
- Supporting and overseeing all educators to plan and implement child centred, high-quality educational programs based on children’s strengths and interests
- Supporting staff to guide children's behaviours inclusively to ensure the best outcomes for the children
- Leading, supporting, and mentoring a team of motivated educators using consultative, interpersonal, and supervisory skills
- Fostering a culture of reflective practice, which leads to the continued development and improvement of the service
- Implementing/using your sound knowledge of the Approved Learning Frameworks
- Actively contributing to ensuring the service achieves its goals
- Knowledge of the QikKids System
Understandably you will be a strong and effective leader and have a deep knowledge of the legislation, and qualifications as follows:
- Minimum of a diploma in early childhood education and care (held for a minimum of 2 years) or tertiary qualifications in early childhood.
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards ("NQF" and "NQS"), the Early Years Learning Framework ("EYLF")
- Blue Card
- First Aid, CPR and Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training
If you are currently available and keen to enjoy providing strategic input to the regions Childcare Centre in this caring community, then this is an opportunity worth exploring. As mentioned, an hourly rate of $60 + Super is on offer together with fully self-contained accommodation and flights there and back.
How to Apply
You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
For a confidential conversation, please call Rona Horsfall at Peak Recruitment Services on 0438 943854.